Survey-smiles.com is a malicious domain that redirects web surfers to a variety of undesirable websites, and cause browsers such as Chrome to keep opening new tabs on its own. It is likely that you have visited and clicked on a suspicious website. Simply navigate away and close the page if you see the said website in your browser.
However, if the website still pops up even when you are surfing on a legitimate site, it is possible that your browser has been infected with adware or malware.
What is Survey-smiles.com and why is it a threat?
Survey-smiles.com is a dangerous website that is specifically designed to deliver intrusive adverts and redirections to website visitors, with the aim of making profits for their affiliates. The website can be a threat to your computer as it has the ability to change the web browser settings and track the user’s web activities without their consent.
How does survey-smiles.com virus infect your computer?
Your browser may be redirected to Survey-smiles.com due to malware infection on your device, push notifications from malicious sites, or by being redirected from another website you visited. Less reputable sites may display malicious ads that redirect your browser to Survey-smiles.com to generate advertising revenue.
Similar issue: What is Trojan:Win32/Casdet!rfn and How to Remove it
Malicious software can also be installed on your computer through torrent downloads and software bundling. If you have an unwanted browser extension or a malicious program installed on your device, it can cause your browser to be constantly redirected to the Survey-smiles.com site.
How to tell if your computer has been infected with adware or malware?
Being redirected to Survey-smiles.com is a clear indication that your browser has been compromised. However, there are other ways to tell if your computer has been infected with an adware or malware infection.
Some of the symptoms include ads appearing in unusual places, homepage changes without permission, web pages not displaying properly, unexpected website redirects, bogus update or software popups, unknown programs installed, frequent popups, undesired website redirection, and slow browsing despite fast internet.
While pop-ups and redirections are as common as they seem, they are examined by security experts to be one of the biggest risks a machine may obtain due to the large number of promotions it can direct the browser.
How to remove survey-smiles.com malware from your computer
It is important to remove Survey-smiles.com malware from your computer as soon as possible. Here are some steps you can take to remove the malware from your computer:
- Scan your computer with a reputable anti-malware program such as Windows Defender to detect and remove the malware.
- Use the Task Manager to manually close any suspicious processes.
- Reset your browser settings to their default to remove any unwanted extensions or plugins.
- Remove suspicious extensions from your browser by following these steps:
- In Google Chrome, click on the three-dot icon on the top right corner of the browser, select “More tools“, and then “Extensions.” Find any suspicious extension and click on the “Remove” button.
- In Firefox, click on the three-line icon on the top right corner, select “Add-ons“, and then “Extensions.” Find any suspicious extension and click on the “Remove” button.
- In Microsoft Edge, click on the three-dot icon on the top right corner, select “Extensions”, and then “Manage Extensions“. Select any suspicious extension and click on the “Remove” button.
- Block the website on Chrome so that your computer cannot visit the website again.
How to stop “Survey smiles” alerts
If you are receiving frequent notifications about survey smiles, the best way to stop them is by removing the adware that is causing them. Use an antivirus program or Windows Defender to scan your computer and remove any malicious software that may be present. Once you have eliminated the adware, you should no longer receive survey smile alerts.
Preventing future infections
The best way to avoid infections from Survey-smiles.com malware is to prevent them from happening in the first place. Here are some measures that you can take:
- Keep your anti-malware software up-to-date and run regular scans.
- Avoid using questionable extensions on Chrome or any browser.
- Be cautious when downloading and installing software from the internet.
- Avoid clicking on suspicious links or pop-ups.
- Be careful of free software that may come bundled with adware or malware.
Regularly clear your browser cache, cookies, and history to remove any potential malware that may have been downloaded through your browser. Always download software and updates from reputable sources.
In addition, you should be vigilant when browsing the internet and be aware of the common signs of malware infection, such as pop-ups, slow browsing speeds, and unwanted redirects. If you suspect that your computer may be infected with malware, take immediate action to remove it before it causes any further damage.