If you’ve noticed a process called LEDKeeper2.exe running on your computer, you might be wondering what it is and why it’s causing high CPU usage in Windows. This process belongs to the MSI Dragon Center, a utility software designed to help users manage and monitor their MSI computers and hardware components.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the LEDKeeper2.exe process, what it does, and why you might have MSI Dragon Center installed on your computer. We’ll also address some common issues, like high CPU usage caused by the process and why LEDKeeper2 sometimes appears in the Volume Mixer. Finally, we’ll provide step-by-step instructions on how to uninstall LEDKeeper2.
What is LEDKeeper2.exe process?
LEDKeeper2.exe is a process that belongs to the MSI Dragon Center, an all-in-one software solution for managing and monitoring MSI computers and hardware components. The Dragon Center provides features such as system performance optimization, system monitoring, and lighting control for supported peripherals. The LEDKeeper2.exe process helps to run these features and maintain the performance of the system.
Also see: GPU 100% Usage When Idle or Gaming (Good or Bad)
What does MSI Dragon Center do?
MSI Dragon Center is a comprehensive software solution that provides users with a wide range of tools and features to manage and monitor their MSI computers and hardware components. Some of the key features of the Dragon Center include:
- System performance optimization: The Dragon Center provides users with a suite of tools to optimize the performance of their system, including overclocking, fan control, and power management.
- System monitoring: The Dragon Center offers real-time monitoring of system performance, including temperature, usage, and other critical parameters.
- Lighting control: For supported peripherals, the Dragon Center allows users to control and customize the lighting effects (the RGB effects) of their hardware.
Why do I have MSI Dragon Center installed on my computer?
If you have an MSI computer, the MSI Dragon Center may have come pre-installed on your system. You may also have installed it manually to take advantage of its features and functionality. The Dragon Center offers a centralized hub for managing and monitoring MSI hardware, providing a user-friendly solution for those seeking to keep track of their system’s performance and ensure smooth operation.
Why is LEDKeeper2 causing high CPU usage?
In some cases, the LEDKeeper2.exe process may cause high CPU usage, leading to performance issues on the computer. This can happen due to compatibility issues, bugs, or conflicts with other software running on the system.
If you’re experiencing high CPU usage due to LEDKeeper2.exe, it’s recommended that you try updating the MSI Dragon Center or disabling the software temporarily to see if it resolves the issue.
Why does LEDKeeper2 appear in Volume Mixer?
LEDKeeper2 may appear in the Volume Mixer because it uses audio output for controlling the LED lighting on MSI gaming machines. This app is for the “ambient mode” in MSI, which picks up in-game audio. Tampering with it in the volume mixer affects the how much the LED lights reacts to the sound.
How to uninstall LEDKeeper2?
To uninstall LEDKeeper2, you need to uninstall the MSI Dragon Center software from your computer. Here’s how to uninstall the software in Windows 11 or Windows 10:
- Press Win + i to open Settings.
- Select “Apps” from the left pane, then select “Apps & features” on the right.
- Find Dragon Center from the list of apps or use the search bar under “App list” to search for it.
- Click the three-dots menu icon next to the app and select “Uninstall“.
- Follow the prompts to complete the uninstallation process.
In conclusion, LEDKeeper2.exe is a process that runs as part of the MSI Dragon Center software and is responsible for managing the LED lighting on MSI gaming machines. If you’re experiencing high CPU usage or other issues, uninstalling MSI Dragon Center may be the solution.