You may or may not like the game – Candy Crush Soda Saga for Windows 10. Anyhow, it can be very annoying when you can’t remove the game using the normal way. Even if you can, the app will install itself again after restart. Here’s how to completely uninstall and remove Candy Crush Soda Saga from Windows 10 for all users using PowerShell.
Candy Crush Soda Saga may come pre-installed as a bloatware by default in some Windows 10 PC. Unlike removing any other installed program which you can simply uninstall from the add or remove program setting, you can’t find Candy Crush Soda Saga from the list of apps to begin with.
If you uninstall the app by the casual way – right-clicking the app and selecting Uninstall, in most cases, Candy Crush Soda Saga may come right back after restart or after Windows Update if it’s one of the pre-installed bloatware in your Windows 10 system.
Fortunately, by running a series of commands in the PowerShell, we can completely and permanently remove Candy Crush Soda Saga from Windows 10.
Remove Candy Crush Soda Saga from Windows 10
With the help of Windows PowerShell, we can run a few commands to completely remove Candy Crush Soda Saga from Windows 10. Here’s how to do it.
- Go to start menu and search for PowerShell.
- Right-click Windows PowerShell from the search result and select Run as administrator.
- In the PowerShell, enter the following command.
Get-AppxPackage -Name king.com.CandyCrushSodaSaga
If the command above doesn’t show any result, try the following command instead.
Get-AppxPackage -Name king.com.CandyCrushSaga
- This command will display all the info about the game named king.com.CandyCrushSodaSaga. The purpose we run this command is to view the package full name of this app.
- Beside PackageFullName, copy the entire line which usually looks like king.com.CandyCrushSodaSaga_1.117.500.0_x86__kgqvnymyfvs32.
- Once you have copied the Package name, type the following command and paste the copied package name accordingly.
- Press Enter key to execute the command.
The execution of the last command line is to completely remove Candy Crush Soda Saga from Windows 10 PC.
To verify if the uninstall was successful, simply enter the first command again – Get-AppxPackage -Name king.com.CandyCrushSodaSaga. If the uninstall is successful, the command will not show anything at all because the app doesn’t exist now.
During Step 3 in the instruction above, the command can be different depending on which Candy Crush app you want to remove. There are a total of three Candy Crush games available on Microsoft Store – Candy Crush Saga, Candy Crush Soda Saga, and Candy Crush Jelly Saga. To remove any of these games, based on the following commands, enter the correct command according to your game during step 3.
- Get-AppxPackage -Name king.com.CandyCrushSaga
- Get-AppxPackage -Name king.com.CandyCrushSodaSaga
- Get-AppxPackage -Name king.com.CandyCrushJellySaga
Uninstall Candy Crush Soda Saga from Windows 10 the normal way
If you manually download Candy Crush Soda Saga game for Windows 10 from the Microsoft Store, you don’t need to go through all the hassles in the method above to remove the app.
To uninstall the app, you can simply search for the game in the start menu or via Cortana. Right-click Candy Crush Soda Saga from the search result and then select Uninstall. This should do the job just fine.
If the app comes back again, you may want to use the PowerShell method to permanently remove Candy Crush Soda Saga from Windows 10.