When it comes to office printing needs, an HP LaserJet 1320 series printer is a popular choice among many businesses. However, even with its reliability, there may be times when you encounter issues with its driver. Fortunately, there are several methods you can use to download and install the correct driver for your HP LaserJet 1320 printer on Windows 11/10 64-bit.
In this article, we will guide you through the process of downloading and installing the HP LaserJet 1320 Driver using four different methods. Whether you prefer the manual way, a universal print driver, or a hassle-free option such as Windows Update, we have got you covered. We will also explain how to update the printer driver via Device Manager in case none of the previous methods work for you.
Manually download the HP LaserJet 1320 driver from HP website
If you are facing issues with the automatic installation of the HP LaserJet 1320 driver, you can manually download and install the driver from the HP website. Here are the steps involved in this method:
- Go to the HP software and drivers download website:
https://support.hp.com/my-en/drivers, and select “Printer” as the product category.
- Enter your printer’s model name in full under the “Enter your product name” field and click on the “Submit” button.
- The website will display the search results for the matching drivers for your printer series. Make sure to select the correct operating system that matches your Windows 11/10 64-bit OS.
- The website will display two categories: Driver-USB and Software-Universal Printer Driver. Expand both categories and download the two drivers by clicking the “Download” buttons for “HP LaserJet USB (DOT4) communication driver for Windows 8 and Higher (64-bit)” and “HP Printer Administrator Resource Kit.”
- Once both files are downloaded, run the .exe file to install the USB communication driver. For the other zip file, unzip it and run the updatenow64 from the folder to update your HP LaserJet printer’s driver.
Download the HP Universal Print Driver for Windows
If you are facing issues with the HP LaserJet 1320 driver, you can consider downloading and installing the HP Universal Print Driver for Windows as an alternative method. This universal print driver is designed to work with a wide range of HP printers and supports Windows 11 and Windows 10.
To download and install the HP Universal Print Driver for Windows, you need to visit the HP Universal Print Driver download website:
https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/UPD/4157320/model/4157320. Once there, select your Windows version and architecture (32-bit or 64-bit) and click on the “Download” button to begin the download process.
After downloading the driver, you need to run the .exe file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver. Once the installation is complete, restart your PC to ensure the changes take effect.
The HP Universal Print Driver for Windows is a convenient and straightforward solution for updating your printer driver, especially if you have multiple HP printers that require different drivers. This method can save you time and effort by providing a single driver solution for all your HP printers.
Run Windows Update to download the driver
If you prefer a hassle-free option, run Windows Update to automatically detect and install the latest driver for your HP LaserJet 1320 printer. To do so, follow these steps:
- Open the Start menu and search for Windows Update.
- Select “Check for updates.”
- When Windows detects your printer, it should download and install the latest driver for you automatically.
Update printer driver via Device Manager
If you are unable to update your HP LaserJet 1320 driver through the automatic Windows Update or manual download methods, you can try updating it via Device Manager. Here are the steps involved in this method:
- Open the Start menu or Cortana and search for “Device Manager.“
- In Device Manager, expand the “Printers” category to display your HP LaserJet printer.
- If your printer is not listed, it may show up as “Unknown device.” In this case, right-click on the “Unknown device” and select “Update driver.”
- If your printer is listed, right-click on it and select “Update driver.”
- In the upcoming window, select “Search automatically for updated driver software” to allow Windows to automatically search for the driver.
- If Windows detects an updated driver, it will automatically install it. Otherwise, it will inform you that the best driver software for your device is already installed.
- Once the installation is complete, restart your PC to ensure the changes take effect.